The Greater Charlotte area is a great place to invest. From the Lake Norman area to York County, South Carolina, and Gaston County to Cabarrus County, Mecklenburg County and the surrounding areas offer ideal investment pockets. Charlotte continues to garner a top spot on the list of places to invest, including ranking #3 of the Top 20 Markets in “Emerging Trends in Real Estate – United States and Canada 2016” by PWC and Urban Land Institute.
Rental rates continue to increase, anticipating a higher profit margin for investors. Vacancy rates in the area are low at 5.7%. Charlotte boasts a strong economy, four-season climate, and low cost of living, making it a desirable place for business and life.
Check out below the reasons why Charlotte is the best investment strategy.
- Steady job growth – 25,000 jobs added in Mecklenburg County in 2015 and more in 2016
- Mecklenburg County’s Business Investment Plan (BIP) promotes job growth (and offers grants to companies based on tax generation)
- Operates a Minority, Women’s and Small Business Enterprise (MWSBE) Program to encourage diversity
- The Charlotte area is home to facilities for 291 of Fortune’s top 500 businesses
- Seven Fortune 500 companies and 10 Fortune 1000 businesses are headquartered here.
- The 16th largest city, with the region rivaling Atlanta and Miami in radius population.
- Named the second best business climate in North America by Site Selection magazine (2015)
- Residential rental rates Increase every year, including apartment rents up 3.9% in Aug 2016 compared to Aug 2015, according to apartmentslist.com
- Demand for rentals outpaces supply, driving up rental rates.
- Properties under Henderson Properties management regularly receive multiple inquiries and applications per property.
- Many people are opting for renting over buying to experience a low maintenance lifestyle.
- Choose Henderson Properties to manage your rentals and we will post the rentals on our website and may use other online directories until it’s rented.
- Large park system attracts business and residents (sustainability)
- Strategically located two hours from the Appalachian mountains and three hours from the east coast
- All type of homes and neighborhoods, from city-center condominiums and townhomes to suburban master-planned developments and single family golf course communities.
- Building permits and inspection requests are increasing every year according to the Land Use & Environmental Service Agency – a sign of good economic health.
- Home to major and minor sports teams: Carolina Panthers Football; Charlotte Hornets Basketball; Charlotte Checkers Ice Hockey; Charlotte Knights Baseball; Charlotte Independence Soccer; Belk Bowl college football championship host
Economic development report: